Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Two Syllable Tractor Pull

I created this little activity to target syllable reduction. I needed an activity to provide some visual support for muli-syllabic words, and I though I would share. Also, I though the tractor was really cute.

This two-syllable tractor includes 18 spondees (multi-syllable words with equal emphasis on both syllables) and 18 two-syllable words. I also added two template pages to allow opportunities for creativity. I guess 18 is the magic number because the whole packet is 18 pages.

Recommended Assembly:
1) Print on card stock and laminate for durability
2) Cut out spondee and two-syllable objects and words
3) Place or Velcro the objects (outlined in black) on the tractor seat and the words (outlined in red) on the tractor wagons.

Grab this activity at the TPT Store



Spondee Examples


Regular Two-Syllable Words


Two-Syllable Tractor in Action


Template Page

No comments:

Post a Comment